Brought to you by RIMOWA, BLADE's preferred luggage partner.
How many bags can you take?
Due to weight restrictions, you are limited to one commercial carry-on bag and one personal item across all fare classes. Only when selecting the Excess Luggage and Enhanced Seating upgrade may you bring a second commercial carry-on bag.
What are the bag restrictions?
Passengers are allowed one (1) standard-sized carry-on bag (22 in X 16 in X 16 in) and (1) personal item. The combined luggage weight may not exceed 25 lbs. Your luggage will be weighed and measured upon your arrival to the BLADE Lounge or point of departure. Additional luggage requires Operator’s pre-approval. Neither Blade nor their operators assume liability for lost, damage, or delayed luggage. We encourage our passengers to use soft bags.
Extra Luggage is subject to an additional fee of $145 if purchased in advance and $175 at the lounge. If your luggage requires special care (fragile luggage or dimensions outside the authorized standard) you must contact BLADE flier relations at +1 844-359-2523 at least 24 hours in advance. Any luggage that does not meet the required standard will be transported as soon as possible by air or land and subject to an additional charge.
Passengers are allowed one (1) standard-sized bag (60cm X 45cm X 25 cm) not to exceed 21 kilograms as well as one small handbag (purse or briefcase). All luggage is subject to operator’s discretion. Additional luggage requires the operator’s pre-approval. Neither Blade nor their operators assume liability for lost, damage, or delayed luggage. We encourage our passengers to use soft bags.
Extra Luggage is subject to feasibility and an additional fee of €174. If the number of additional luggage requires a second aircraft, the associated cost will be charged to the passenger. If your luggage requires special care (fragile luggage or dimensions outside the authorized standard) you must contact BLADE flier relations ([email protected] or +33 9 78 46 00 09) at least 24 hours in advance. Any luggage that does not meet the required standard will be transported as soon as possible by air or land and subject to an additional charge at the expense of the passenger.
What can be considered a personal item?
Personal items include laptops, tablets, purses, periodicals, or folios. Briefcases, backpacks, messenger-style bags must be stowed in the aircraft baggage compartment. Golf Clubs are only permitted on charter flights.
What if I have excess luggage?
- For flights between Manhattan and the Hamptons or NYC airports, optionally add a ToteTaxi upgrade to your flight at checkout, or call Flier Relations after purchase. Perfect for transporting large items like golf clubs, bicycles, or large suitcases.
- If you bring oversized baggage to your flight, a member of Team BLADE reserves the right to disallow bags that are deemed too heavy or large. In this case, BLADE will put the luggage on the Jitney or other mode of transport to the traveler’s destination, at the user’s expense. If there is room, BLADE will make an effort to place your item on later flight.
What is the Excess Luggage and Enhanced Seating upgrade?
This optional upgrade gives you extra cabin space and a strict increased luggage weight limit of 65lbs total across two carry-on sized bags. No checked-sized bags are permitted on BLADE Airport.
Are there any restricted items?
- Aerosol cans
- Hazardous materials, including explosives, compressed gases, flammable liquids and solids, oxidizers, poisons, corrosives and radioactive materials (examples include paints, light fluid, fireworks, tear gases, oxygen bottles, and radio-pharmaceuticals)
The following items must be on your person or in the cabin with you and are prohibited from being in your checked baggage:
- Electronic smoking devices and e-cigarettes.
- Lithium batteries, all consumer electronic & medical devices (watches, cameras, cellular phones, lap-top computer, camcorders, and hearing aids, etc.) containing lithium cells or batteries, and spare lithium batteries and cells for these devices.
Can I bring my pet?
Of course you can fly with a friend! Please visit our Pet Policy for more information.
The Transportation Security Administration (“TSA”) prohibits certain other items from being on-board an aircraft. The TSA’s current list of prohibited items (the “List”) may be viewed here.
The TSA frequently updates the List. It is the responsibility of each passenger to review and prepare its luggage in accordance with the List prior to each scheduled departure. Under no circumstances will Blade be responsible for refusing to allow prohibited items onto an aircraft. In addition to the List, BLADE reserves the right to prohibit any items onto an aircraft with or without cause.